Plug in the 1747-UIC adapter of the USB port and install the 1747-UIC hardware driver according to the manual. It is best to use it under XP SP2. The driver of USB DH-485 Serial port COM3 (USB to virtual serial port) displayed in the device manager is normal No, you need to reinstall the 1747-UIC hardware driver again. Under XP SP3, only USB Serial port COM3 may be displayed.
Start RSLINX and add DH485-UIC driver.
1747-UIC adapter DIP to DH485, docking with RJ45 port, RSLINX choose AB-UIC-1 driver to connect to SLC500 / 01.
Rslogix500 is a programming tool for SLC500 series and MicroLogix controllers. here is how to use rslogix 500 software
(1) RS232 serial cable (model: 1747-CP3) connects the computer serial port and SLC serial port. (2) Run Rslinx software
In the Rslinx software form menu, select Communications- Configure Drivers
In the Configure Drivers- Available Drivers dialog box, select Ethernet to PLC-5 or 5820-EI Click Add new to enter the Add New Rslinx Driver dialog box.
In Add New Rslinx Driver, the device name specified by the user (generally the default is acceptable), click OK Enter Configure Driver for Ethernet to PLC-5 or 5820-EI
In the window Configure Driver for Ethernet to PLC-5 or 5820-EI, the user must specify the IP address of the SLC in order to communicate between the Ethernet SLC and the computer. After filling in the IP address, click Accept; Fill in the IP address of the computer, click Accept, and click OK.
Go back to Configure Drivers and see AB_ETH-1 A-B Ethernet RUNNING
Available Drivers–Select RS-232 DF1 Devices and click Add new to enter Configure Allen-Bradley DF1 Communications Device
Fill in the serial port number in Comm Port, Device must select SLC-CH0 / Micro / PanelView, and then click Auto-Configure, see Auto Configuration Successful on the right! Click OK.
Return to Configure Drivers, see AB_DF1-1 DH485 sta: 0 com1: RUNNING in the Configured Drivers, click Close.
Return to the Rslinx software and see AB_DF-1, DH-485 and AB_ETH-1, Ethernet. The SLC5 / 05 processor in AB_DF-1, and the SLC processor in AB_ETH-1 are crossed and cannot communicate
(3) Run Rslogix500 software
In the Rslogix500 software menu, select File ——> New, Select Processor Type, fill in the name of the processor in the Processor Name, select the communication protocol of the processor in Communication Settings ——> Driver; click Who Active (select the node address of the processor), Rslinx Gateway, select SLC-5 / 05 in AB_DF-1, DH485 network, click OK; return to Select Processor Type, click OK, enter Rslogix500 software programming form.
Select Controller on the left side of Rslogix500 software, enter Controller Properties, reselect the model and name of the processor in the General menu, and reselect the communication protocol in the Controller Communications menu, and click OK.
Select IO Configure, click Read IO Config. (Or configure according to the I / O frame, power supply, and I / O module used by the user) to enter Read IO Configure from Online Processor
Click Read IO Config in Read IO Configuration from Online Processor. Return to I / O Configuration, see the frame and I / O module have been automatically configured
Select Channel Configuration, fill in the IP address of SLC-5 / 05 in the IP Address box of the Chan.1-System menu (must be the same as the processor IP address specified in the Rslinx software), and fill in the mask in the Subnet Mask (Generally 255 · 255 · 255 · 0), Bootp Enable empty, click Apply, and click OK.
Return to the Rslogix500 software, select Comms——Download on the menu (before Download, the SLC processor switch must be switched to Program or Test state), some dialog boxes will appear during the Download process, all answer OK or Apply. Do You want to go Online appears? Click Yes to return to programming. You can see the ladder in the menu is rotating, and the Download is successful.
Re-enter the Rslinx software, you can see that the SLC processors in the two networks are running, the network configuration is successful, unplug the RS-232 serial cable for configuration
Rslogix500 software has three programming modes: offline programming mode, online programming mode and simulation programming mode. They have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages: Offline programming is very flexible, programming can be carried out at will, and is not limited by the processor. Disadvantages: the steps are cumbersome, the program cannot be debugged after the program is compiled, and the running status of the program cannot be observed.
(1) Create a new document Run the Rslogix500 software, select File——New, Select Processor Type, fill in the Processor Name in the Processor Name, select the type of processor used, select the network communication in the Communication settings Driver Agreement, click OK to enter Rslogix500 software
(2) Configure the processor Select Controller Properties in programming, you can re-select the processor name, model, network protocol, etc., and click OK when finished.
(3) Configure I / 0 module Select I / O Configuration Select the framework used by the user in Racks Select the I / O module in the frame in Current Cards Available Select the frame power supply in PowerSupply, Close the window when finished.
(4) Configure the processor channel Select Channel Configuration, fill in the IP address of the SLC processor in the IP Address of Chan.1-System menu (must be the same as the IP address specified by Rslinx software), the Bootp Enable option is empty, click Apply, and click OK.
(5) Program ladder diagram Program the ladder diagram in LAD2. After editing the program, select Verify File in Edit to verify the program. If there are errors, you can modify it.
(6) Save the program If the program is correct, select Save As in File, fill in the file name you want in File name, select RSLogix files type (* .RSS) in Save as type, click Save, the file is successfully saved.
(7) Download the program (the switch of the SLC processor must be switched to Program or Test state)
If you want to debug the program, you must download the program to the processor and perform online debugging to get the result. The download process is similar to the download process during configuration
(8) Run the program Turn the processor switch to the Run state, and the program runs.
Advantages: simple programming steps, online debugging and running at any time, and results can be obtained. Disadvantages: Due to programming errors, it may cause damage to the processor, equipment or personnel.
(1) Establish an online connection Run the Rslinx software, select Configure Driver in Communications, select the network protocol of the corresponding processor-> click Add New-> click Close, return to the Rslinx form, and see that the processor is running in the corresponding network.
(2) Create a new document Enter New-Who Active-Rslinx Gatewag, select the corresponding processor, click OK, return to the New dialog box, and click OK.
(3) Configure the processor The steps are similar to offline configuration, except that in the Controller Communications menu, as long as you click Who Active, the following steps are the same as step (2).
(4) Configure I / O module Select IO Configuration-Read IO Config-Read IO Configuration Online Processor-Read IO Config-IO Configuration, you can see that the IO module has been configured.
(5) Configure the processor channel The steps are exactly the same as the offline configuration.
(6) Download empty program The steps are exactly the same as offline download.
(7) Online programming When performing online programming, the switch of the processor must be set to Test, programming in the Remote Program state, and running in the Remote Run state.
(8) Save procedure The steps are exactly the same as offline save.
Emulate programming (recommended)
Advantages: No need for SLC processor support, replace the processor with software, you can debug the program at any time without danger. Disadvantages: Some instructions cannot be simulated, and the simulation software (current version) cannot support the SLC-5 / 05 processor.
(1) Create a simulation file The procedure for creating a new file is the same as creating a new file by offline programming. Select Emu500-1 in the Communication Settings Driver box. (2) Configuring the processor is the same as offline programming. (3) Configure I / O module is the same as offline programming. (4) Save the file Same as offline programming, except that * .ACH must be selected when selecting Save as type. (5) Run simulation software Run Rsemulate500 software, open the * .ACH file saved by Rslogix500 software.
(6) Connect online Run Rslinx software, add SLC500 (DH485) Emulator when adding network protocol. After the addition is successful, the processor icon appears on the corresponding network, and the connection is successful. (7) Online programming and running Return to the Rslogix500 programming form, click Go online to go online for online programming; click Run to run.
Ready to work: a computer with AB software installed, One AB PLC MicroLongix 1000, One cable is 1747-UIC One cable is 1761-CBL-PM02. Please pull the DIP switch on the 1747-UIC cable to the RS232 (DH485) position (as shown).
2. Connect the 9-pin female connector of the 1746-CBL-PM02 cable to the 9-pin male connector of the 1747-UIC cable, and connect the round head of the 1747-CBL-PM02 to the AB PLC. (as shown in the picture)
3. Install the 1747-UIC cable driver. The cable will generate the port in the device manager. The driver installation instructions are not described here. (here is COM4 as an example)
4. Open the AB communication software and set up the port and communication protocol to communicate.